When I think of a healthy, delicious, quick and easy lunch, bruschetta nearly always comes to mind. It only has a few ingredients and can be made in no time at all. I made this tomato bruschetta recipe so much during my time in Nice, France, mainly because I think you can get the best tomatoes ever here, and the bread here is awesome too. If you want to make this into a no cook recipe by some crisp bread or crackers.
Bruschetta may be seen as Italian, but wherever there good bread and tasty tomatoes, a great tomato bruschetta is born. This was a tasty one I had in Italy.
The funny thing is, is that for most of my life I did not eat tomatoes. I got into my head at a really young age that I hated them. I cannot remember why. The texture? The taste? No idea. Maybe just because they are good for you. It was not until I was around 18 that I started to try tomatoes again and found out how delicious they really are. Enough about me, here is my tomato bruschetta recipe.
Tomato Bruschetta with Basil Recipe
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 12 Basil Leaves
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
- Bread of your choosing. Baguette or Restaurant Loaf work well.
- Chop Up all you Tomatoes
- Finely dice or slice your onion
- Mix your tomato and onion together
- Season with salt and pepper, and a dash of olive oil
- Tear up your Basil leaves and add them to the mixture
- Cut up 1 garlic clove and add to a pan with olive oil
- Add the sliced bread
- When toasted and crispy, drissle olive oil on the fresh side and flip.
- When both sides are crispy your ready.
- Rub the remaining garlic clove over one side of the crisp bread
- Add the tomato and basil mixture
- Add some extra basil if you like.
And now you have some delicious tomato bruschetta with basil. This takes absolutely no time at all and will become a regular in your lunch ideas section of your mind.