Scrambled Egg with Ricotta and Basil
When it comes to quick and easy recipes, for me eggs are always a great place to start, and it does not get any simpler than scrambled egg. One of my favourite scrambled egg dishes I have had was scrambled egg with fried oyster mushrooms, ricotta and pesto from Ellsworth Paris (The photo below). This is an quick and easy spin on that. In saying that if you have some basil pesto or basil oil lying around try this combination too.
My quick and easy version…
Scrambled Egg with Ricotta and Basil Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 25g butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g of ricotta cheese
- 12 small-medium basil leaves
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Spread the ricotta onto two plates
- Add the basil leaves to the plate, around the edge of the ricotta
- Scramble you eggs and add a pinch of salt
- Over a medium heat add the butter and oil to a large pan
- Add your eggs, and leave a few moments before pulling in ‘sheets’ of egg
- Repeat until cooked to your liking
- Place cooked egg on top of the ricotta
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add some chilli jam to the plate if you have some available.
That’s It. You will be eating in no time with this recipe. I love having my Tomato Chilli Jam with this dish which is also so easy to make up that it should always be in the fridge. For me it added a lot and there is nothing wrong with a bit of chilli in the morning.
So easy and yum. Definitely give this quick and easy recipe a try. Eggs are one of those staple ingredients that I have not been to any country I have not been able to get eggs. Not only that they are good for you and super easy to cook. When thinking what you will be travel cooking, eggs are a great staple to use.